Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Honeymoon *Fun in the Sun?* Part 1... more to follow!

MaaaaaNing Man!


This is a typical Jamaican "Good Morning". Tyler and I spent our honeymoon (6 nights) in Jamaica at the Sandals Grande Riviera in Ochos Rios.

We flew in on a Monday morning (bright and early)- we even flew in our pajamas!!
View of the blue water from our airplane
We were sleepy but excited about our honeymoon!
Bright eyed and bushy tailed?
When we arrived at the airport we walked to the Sandals Resorts waiting area where we were greeted by friendly faces and free drinks & food. They had snacks out for guests to enjoy while waiting for our shuttle to arrive. Tyler helped himself to a beer and I helped myself to a hot chocolate- strange right since it was hot outside and here I am enjoying a hot beverage!? Let me tell you, I love hot chocolate any time of the year!
Yep, still in the PJs!

Area we waited in for our shuttle to arrive :)
Drinking our choice of beverages while we wait
A nice young couple took this last photo of us. They were also newlyweds (married on the same day) and were on their honeymoon. We actually ran into them ALL THE TIME at the resort and started hanging out with them a bit. They were so sweet...one night they invited Tyler and I back to their villa to play cards but we sadly declined as we had other plans :(

The sites on our way to the resort....a sight for sore eyes...





High School
The countryside was beautiful but the poverty was incredible
We payed a little extra to have a concierge room at Sandals so when we arrived we were ushered into the concierge waiting room to get checked in. This is me lounging on the couch haha!
Don't mind if I do!
Our first night in Jamaica we wandered around the property a bit and took some neat night photos. We were so tired after we arrived that if I remember correctly we took a nap! Oh and by the way, we napped EVERY SINGLE DAY on our honeymoon and it was glorious! I can't tell you how nice it was.



Awesome giant chess board!!!

This was a really neat outdoor firepit at the bar overlooking the ocean
We enjoyed a glass of champagne... or should I say Tyler enjoyed it. I think I choked down one sip and gave the rest to him :)

 We actually fell asleep in these chairs listening to the sounds of the waves down below. We both woke up in a panic wondering where we were! I think it was time to call it a night. As we walked back towards our villa we heard the sound of drums...we followed the sounds and we came upon a show! Here is a photo of the Jamaican drummers and there were dancers that came on the stage later.

The next day we decided to lay out at the pool :) There weren't many people around so it was peaceful and quiet. Tyler was as happy as a clam.




Unfortunately I didn't have my sunglasses so I could barely see!
So handsome....he's glowing :) Marriage is doing "good" for him!
Our 2nd night we ate at a restaurant called "Kelly's Dockside" which was literally over the water on a dock. Unfortunately it was really stormy and windy that night as you can see in the photos. The waves were crashing onto the dock and actually getting the tables all wet. 

The menus lit up when you opened them...pretty neat!


 I ended up putting my scarf over my head so my hair would stay out of my face.

Shoes I wore to dinner....my feet were sore by the end of the night!
The next day Tyler took pictures from around our villa area at the resort. It was a beautiful day out and the flowers were amazing for being in December!



I love this tree! It reminds me of a peacock!

My attempt at a braid...I always have trouble braiding my own hair!
Lounging at the stop where the little gators drive up and pick people up to take them around the resort

HOORAY!!!!!


Beautiful blue sky..oh how I miss thee!
We were on our way to check out the pool again and eat some lunch.


SO....there were stray cats all over the resort! They weren't afraid and just  baked in the sun like the rest of us :)

Tyler enjoying an afternoon beer...typical :)
Eating at the pizza place next to the pool

Cat just lounging around!
Tyler really enjoyed laying by the pool. It was a peaceful place to catch some shut eye while catching some rays of sunshine.
Still so pale :)
My face was burning (yikes!)
For dinner we ate at a French restaurant on the resort. The food was really good, maybe some of the best we had at the resort. We originally had planned on eating at the Italian restaurant but when we showed up they turned us away because Tyler wasn't complying with the dress code for that particular place. Some restaurants had a specific dress code: men had to wear slacks and dress shoes. Tyler and I didn't even think about that when we packed! He only had shorts and 1 pair of jeans (if I recall correctly). 

Enjoying some free wine 
This was Tyler's dinner: steak and lobster...yummy!


1 comment: