Monday, May 13, 2013

WGASF: World's Greatest Air Superiority Fighter: F-15C EAGLE!!!

American Fighter Pilot

Tyler in the B-Course: Klamath Falls, Oregon 2012
So I started a new job last Monday (May 2, 2013) at the Youth Center down the street from our house. Part of my job is to walk the kiddos to the elementary school in the morning and drop them off at their class. Well this morning on our walk to the elementary school, I heard the loud roar of the F-15C engines on the runway which got me all amped up! I knew Tyler was flying in the morning "go" and that he'd be #4 to take off. 

A lot of professional photographers get the guys' schedules out here so they can photograph the F-15s in action. Here are some pics from some of the photographers from the last few weeks or so. They are amazing! It's so cool to know that these guys are our friends & family here in England :)

493rd FS Grim Reapers over Wales:  April/May 2013
As an enemy I'd hate to see this coming!

Reapers over Wales: April/May 2013
Look at the small English home in the background!
Beautiful contract with the rocky mountain in the background
As I watched the Eagles take off and soar, when #4 went rocketing overhead, I got this intense feeling of pride - I even got butterflies in my stomach! It was breathtaking to see them take off, not that this day was any different than ever other day, but there was something about the takeoff today that really resonated with me. Knowing that my husband, best friend, soul mate,Tyler, Ty, Slasher, was the one in the cockpit, really sent chills of excitement and adrenaline through me! 

Eagle!
She soars through the air!
Wales is where the boys do their low altitude flying so they are fairly close to the ground
It got me thinking about how amped up I was when I got to ride along in the SOF (supervisor of flying) truck in Klamath Falls, Oregon during Tyler's night flying. I took some great photos that night and even some videos of him and his classmates taking off with full AB (after burner).

Here's a video I made in April of Tyler's flight and the photos I took. I know it's cheesy but you have to remember I was dating an American Fighter Pilot...are you kidding me...this stuff WAS and still IS a.m.a..z.i.n.g!!!



I still can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life with this man :) 

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing person my lil sis met and married. Keep-up the afterburners, Slasher or should I say Captain Clark! Love Dusty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thanks Dust! Tyler is pretty amazing and I feel very lucky to have found someone so special to spend the rest of my life with <3

    ReplyDelete